We’re seeking a highly motivated DevOps engineer who will manage server and application infrastructure on the AWS platform and our on-premise server infrastructure, including developing tools for configuration management, code deployment, continuous integration, automated testing and monitoring. You will need strong skills in implementing and managing high availability, mission critical infrastructure, and should be a dedicated problem solver who can multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in both system engineering /administration and software development, with a focus on building back-end systems like monitoring, automation and management tools.
-Build and maintain tools that will help us test, deploy, measure, monitor and scale our applications and infrastructure
-Oversee and perform server and application deployment including release management
-Help to continuously improve our processes and tools to ensure the best possible experience for our users, from availability to performance and reliability
-Monitor and maintain our systems, including being part of a 12x7 on-call rotation and escalation path
-Collaborate with other engineers to to optimize application and infrastructure for performance, reliability, failover, and scale
• Experience using and managing Java/J2EE and Linux based servers.
• Experience with version control systems such as subversion.
• Experience with cloud based deployments. Production experience with AWS systems is a big plus
• Experience with the design and deployment of large-scale infrastructure projects a big plus
• 3+ years of experience supporting a real-time, 24x7 production web environment.
• 3+ years of Linux administration experience.
• Experience with RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc)
• Experience with NoSQL systems (Cassandra, HBase, etc.)
• Experience using configuration management systems (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc.)
• Experience with Monitoring systems like Nagios etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Proficiency with one or more scripting languages: shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
• Comfortable in a start-up environment where innovation and change are the norm.
• BA/BS in Engineering or Computer Science highly preferred, other degrees considered when accompanied by appropriate technical aptitude